cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAI - watching Italian TV from abroad - iOS

Scholar

RAI - watching Italian TV from abroad - iOS

Hi, 

I come back with this topic, as I  bought F-Secure Freedome in order to have a VPN and watch the Italian TV channels RAI.

There are a couple of other old topics about this issue, but I saw no working solution in them (cleaning the cache, disabling the location and so on). 

Background: I want to use my iOS device (iOS version 10) to stream the programmes with the RAI app. When opening, the app says that it seems I am abroad (I am trying to connect from France through the Italian IP of Freedome). Any working solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: RAI - watching Italian TV from abroad - iOS

Hello ARFsecure,

We checked with our Freedome team on RAI and Freedome. It is seen that RAI is actively blocking the VPN users and we are unable to do much about it.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Hello ARFsecure,

Did it help if you disable the location on your iOS device?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

No, it was already disabled, and it seems it was not the cause of the problem (or, at least, not the only one)

Scholar

No suggestions?

By the way, I installed the app in an Android device (7.0), and the result is the same ... the app RaiPlay informs that I am trying a connection from abroad ...

Either RaiPlay identifies a connection from a VPN trying to bypass the regional constraint, or Freedome does not work in both iOS and Android ...

Community Manager

Hello ARFsecure,

We checked with our Freedome team on RAI and Freedome. It is seen that RAI is actively blocking the VPN users and we are unable to do much about it.

Scholar

Ok, thank you for the feedback