Printing to a wi-Fi Printer

Aspirant

Printing to a wi-Fi Printer

Since installing Freedome for windows on my windows 7 laptop I am having problems printing to a Brother wi-fi printer.

F-secure PSB WKS has a rule allowing access to 'MY Network' for browsing and sharing /printing

The laptop can either be cabled or wi-fi, but the printer is wi-fi to the router.

Sending a print it sits in the queue, when I turn fredome off it prints?

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Printing to a wi-Fi Printer

Hello Spangle,

You indeed need to be on the same subnet so that Freedome recognizes the devices as being in the same local network.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Spangle,

Could you tell us which version of Freedome you are using? 

Also could  your try to traceroute the IP of your printer from your Win7?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Aspirant

version 1.0.2246.0

tracert does not connect when freedom on

error gateway.freedome-vpn.net [198.168.201.4]  unreachable

my subnet is 192.168.101.x the printer is on 192.168.201.x . the router prvides aVLAN for the two subnets with interlan link for certain devices.

printing works fine when freedom is turned off

If i connect to the same subnet it works

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Spangle,

You indeed need to be on the same subnet so that Freedome recognizes the devices as being in the same local network.

Best Regards

-Ben

View solution in original post

Aspirant

Hi Ben

I see what say, however I can see multiple subnets being the norm in the near future with the increasing number of networked products, either supplied in the office or BYOD . single subnet 254 devices will not be enough.

I am currnetly looking at subnetting with my customers, to split company and BYOD .

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Thank  you for your feedback. I'll forward it to our development team.

Best Regards

-Ben

Aspirant

this solution Answers the problem, but does not cure the problem. It highlights a limitation in the software