Plex Remote Access and Freedome

aM0nk3yBoy
aM0nk3yBoy Posts: 18 New Member

Hi Guys,

I've run outta research and need help, I'm trying to get Plex Remote access working...

Articles like these on the Plex Forum have been helpful... i got to enable split tunneling in whatever VPN client you are using. (they might call it something else, and you may have to google it)..

article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

Found these on this forum... Tunnelling options available now?

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/F-Secure-amp-Windows-10-VPN/m-p/83836

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Freedome-Tunneling-Options/m-p/70969

Getting this working is the only reason I would sign up for a paid plex account, without this Plex is useless outside my home network....

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi aM0nk3yBoy,

I will check on this with the Product team and update you once I have a reply.

• aM0nk3yBoy
    Hi Laksh,

Many thanks for your prompt reply, I really appreciate any effort you put into helping me :)

Being able to choose which software uses the VPN is kinda a priority and should be on the road map for Freedome, I love the simplicity but am always frustrated by the lack of reconfigurability.

Many Thanks
    M0nk3yBoy
  • aM0nk3yBoy

Hi Tapusucca,

Many Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me Heart

"So the thing is that you are trying to access remotely a computer which has Freedome turned on?

That doesn’t work when Freedome is on. It is by design for security reasons."

Yes that's kinda it, I have Plex installed in my Home Media Server and Freedome installed. Plex doesn't like going down the VPN... so I am unable to "Remote Access" Plex from the internet on any of my multiple OS devices. I cannot install Freedome on  a router and  Traffic Splitting isn't an option within Freedome...

I don't see a quick fix for this issue and can get exactly what I want with another provider...

I fully appreciate what the Development lifecycle is for software as an IT Professional with 20+ years experience... I went with Freedome because of the discounted price :) 

I have issues with both Freedome and Safe (The lack of a Windows phone client for Freedome etc..) and will be taking my cash elsewhere when my current Licensing expires...

Many Thanks 

aM0nk3yBoy

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info