cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans to deploy a PC version of Freedome?

Aspirant

Plans to deploy a PC version of Freedome?

Hi, i'm new to this product buyt wondered if F-Secure had plans to provide the same app for PC as well (if they haven't already done so?)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Employee

Re: Plans to deploy a PC version of Freedome?

The target is to start the public beta testing next month. When all the details about the beta program are clear, I can post here instructions for how to join.

Best,

Päivi

41 REPLIES 41
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello nightfrogs and welcome to our community.

Yes we are looking forward to get PC version, but no release date yet.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thanks Jari-P!

Any more advanced functionality/control to be expected (such as whitelisting of specific domains by the user, selection of files to block/unblock)?

F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay with the reponse.

The first version of the desktop product is similar to the mobile clients, but more advanced control is to be expected in the following versions.

Best,

Päivi

Aspirant

Thanks, when will this first version be available to download?

F-Secure Employee

The target is to start the public beta testing next month. When all the details about the beta program are clear, I can post here instructions for how to join.

Best,

Päivi

Aspirant

Great thanks!

Aspirant

Thanks for the info Paivi,

I have been using the Freedome app, looking forward to use it on my Mac, I want to join the beta testing if possible, any news regarding this?

Thanks,

Kapeesh

F-Secure Employee

Hi Kapeesh,

Thanks for the interest. :) We are unfortunately a couple of weeks behind the original schedule, internal testing will be started soon.

Today we actually discussed the details of the upcoming beta and agreed that users being active on the Community will be invited first to test the desktop version. The beta will first be available for Windows and litlle later for Mac.

We'll be in  contact with you as soon as the beta is available.

Best,

Päivi

Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello Paivi,

Sounds great, I have a laptop with Windows, it would be great to have the invitation for the beta testing :)

Thanks,

Kapeesh