Outlook Email 2010/Gmail/ F-Secure Freedome Problem

Scholar

Outlook Email 2010/Gmail/ F-Secure Freedome Problem

I installed a trial F-Secure Freedome VPN program on my Windows 7 PC.  I have a Gmail account and use Outlook 2010 as my email client.  I was not able to access my Gmail via Outlook 2010 with the trial F-Secure Freedome VPN program installed.  I received a warning from Google about a security breach and my account was locked until I changed my password.  I changed my password and tried again with the same results.  I deleted my Outlook 2010 account and it worked fine with web based Gmail.  I rely on Outlook on my Windows 7 PC so it appears that the F-Secure Freedome VPN program won't work for me.  If you have a solution please let me know.  I have the F-Secure Freedome VPN program running on my Android tablet with not issues or warnings from Google.  I would like to buy a subscription for my Android tablet when my trial period is over in two days, but I want to be able to include my desktop PC.

Thank you,

Cangrejo

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Outlook Email 2010/Gmail/ F-Secure Freedome Problem

Hi Cangrejo,

I will send you a PM regarding the Outlook and Freedome issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Same issue on my side with Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro.

I followed the setup from F-Secure but it did not work.

I contacted the support but they could not do nothing neither.

It is just does not make sense to have to disconnect from a VPN service in order to receive/send emails.

Just tried NordVPN and I am not facing this issue at all.
However I would rather to stay with F-Secure as the speed is excellent.
But if I have to I will sacrifice the speed to get better security and privacy with Nord VPN.
Superuser

Hello C.

Here is my ideas.
- too many pieces in the same computer: 2 email apps + Win + Freedom. Is it synchronizing?
- checking email rules, windows settings
- could you use gmail in android tablet
and outlooks email in computer? Is this a solution for problem?

I hope this helps you.
NÄSÄVIISAS