Often no data connection after waking MacBook

emr
emr Posts: 7 New Member

I have (the licensed version of) Freedome on my MacBook Pro. The os is the newest Sierra with all the updates, but IIRC this problem was already before Sierra.

Normally Freedome works just fine. But when I have the laptop in sleep mode after closing the lid and start it again by opening the lid, I have no network connection. The wifi shows that the connection is OK and even Freedome looks to be online, but no data is transfered in or out. I can always fix that by setting protection OFF and ON from the Freedome icon, but it is an annoyance. It does not happen every time, but more than 50%.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi emr,

May I know what is the version of Freedome installed on your device? Does it happen with any location selected during sleep?

• emr

Hi. I am not currently in the city where my laptop is, so I can't check the sw version. However, the software has every now and then updated itself and I have recently also checked if there were any updates. So I guess the version is the latest one. I usually use just the actual Finnish location (since Netflix does not work with other locations), so I can't really say if it is related to the server location.

• LKo
    LKo Posts: 13 New Member

I can confirm this.

Same setup, Freedome version 1.10.3502.0

Every time I open the lid, WiFi connected and Freedome seems fine, but no connection. The second I disconnect Freedome, everything is fine again.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi emr and LKo,

This needs detailed investigation. Could you please get in touch with our support via chat or phone to troubleshoot further?

• emr

Now that I'm back home I checked and my software version is the same that LKo mentioned above.

Tried calling your support center but couldn't get through due to a long queue.

• Tapsucca
    Tapsucca Posts: 499 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi and thank you for your message,

I opened  a support ticket for you, so our support will shortly contact you directly via email .

• emr

Hi. The problem seemed to mostly go after away your tech support suggested a new software version which I installed. It sometimes could take up to five seconds for the connection to appear, but it was working. However, now the problem seems to be back. I wonder if it has to do with the software update that the program asked me to install a couple of days ago?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info