New User Unsure of How To Use Freedome...?

Hopeful_Future
Hopeful_Future Posts: 67 Contributor

Hi all, sorry to be creating a post in this forum, but I didn't know what else to do.

I just bought a 12month subscription to Freedome and I received an invoice via my email account and everything is fine.

Before I bought Freedome I did some reading and it became very clear that F-secure is a great and reliable company so I decided to buy the Freedome app and not worry about using the free trial. I downloaded the Freedome2.exe app to my Windows 8 PC, but when I open it I'm only given the option to either "Start free trial" or press "Learn". I'm not sure how I can enter my username and password. I didn't want to click "Star free trial" because I thought it may cause an error.

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Hopeful_Future,

Welcome to our Community!

Regarding your issue posted, did you purchase Freedome from your Internet Service Provider? If yes, please have a look at this article to start using your Freedome.

• Hopeful_Future
    I hope I'm not wasting space by creating a thread, but this was the only place I thought of to ask for help.

I bought FreedomE from the website and definitely not from my ISP.
  • [Deleted User]

Hi Hopeful_Future,

I can understand your issue here and please be assured that we are here to help! If you have purchased Freedome from our website, you can always open a support request with our support team and they will guide you to use your license for Freedome.

You can also follow the steps given in this article to proceed with the Freedome installation.

• Hopeful_Future

Thanks so much for your reply!

I read your link, but when I open the Freedome.exe I'm only given 3 options: "Start Free Trial" "Learn more" and of course the option to press "X" at the top right of the window.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Hopeful_Future,

May be you can provide me with a screenshot of the options you see and it will help me to guide you better.

• Hopeful_Future

Thanks for your reply!

This is the first screen I see as soon as I open "Freedome.exe" that I downloaded from https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/freedome

I've re-tried downloading "Freedome.exe" and this is the exact screen I get every time. Here's the screenshot you wanted: http://oi67.tinypic.com/sy2noi.jpg

• [Deleted User]

Hi Hopeful_Future,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Please proceed to click the Start Trial for proceeding with the installation. You can install the product and start the trial; later you can validate with the keycode.

• Hopeful_Future
    Thanks for your reply!

Is it possible for me to skip the "free trial" and enter my keycode in now? If it makes a difference, I just installed Windows 10 Pro on my PC.
  • Hopeful_Future

@Laksh wrote:

Hi Hopeful_Future,

Sorry for getting back to you late. I checked with our product team about this query.

Please start installing the product by clicking the “start free trial”. After that, you can enter your subscription code to the product via the Subscription menu. During the trial period, the users can enter the subscription code any time they wish to.

Laksh, your help is greatly appreciated in helping me solve this issue!

I received an email from the F-Secure Support Team Member named 'Vinesh' and Vinesh also provided some really awesome help to me so I hope his amazing service is noted as well!

Thank you!

• Hopeful_Future

I followed the expert advice given by Laksh and Vinesh and just after I clicked on "Start free trial" I then entered my subscription code. I feel very comfortable being an F-Secure customer and in the future I'll be recommending my friends to F-Secure as F-Secure is clearly a safe and reputable company.

My FreedomE appears to be working fine now!

• [Deleted User]

Wow, nice to know everything is working fine now, @Hopeful_Future! That's a wonderful feedback to hear. Smiley Happy

Enjoy using Freedome and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info