I’m reposting this with the title corrected.
Since my ISP (Telstra Australia) switched me to the Australian National Broadband Network (NBN), I cannot access any website when Freedome is running - not even google.com.
is this a known problem, or do I have some sort of settings issue?
i have discovered that the problem is caused by the modem the isp sent me when switching me to the NBN. The firewall has three settings: low, normal, and high. The default is “normal”. If I change it to low, then freedome works fine. Problem is, I have yet to find out what risks I am taking with the firewall set to low. The setting help section merely says it drops unknown packets silently on “normal”, and drops packets but acknowledges the existence of the modem in “low”. Which doesn’t sound too bad, but is not what I thought was all that firewalls did.
Everything works fine without freedome running - as far as I can determine.
wifi works well, and the internet connection comes up well o speed tests.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions