Manually deactivate a subscription on a device

LQuang
LQuang Posts: 1 New Member

I bought a multi-platform license for 7 devices. I have read about the way F-Secure transfer license when you hit the max.  It seems to be a roundabout way to manage the license.

I am currently testing F-Secure FREEDOME VPN on an Android phone and an iPhone. After testing is over, is it possible to de-activate the license on these test phone?  From reading the literature, it looks like even when I uninstall the app, F-Secure still count the license on that phone as activated.  Why doesn't F-Secure remove the license when the app is uninstalled? 

LQuang

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi LQuang,

As mentioned in this article, when you choose the transfer option during the license transfer, your Freedome subscription resets itself, and all licenses are released from all of your Freedome installations.

It is not possible to deactivate the license on the test phone. When you would like to install Freedome on a new device, you can use the license transfer which will help to transfer the license to the new device.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

LQuang wrote:

I bought a multi-platform license for 7 devices. I have read about the way F-Secure transfer license when you hit the max.  It seems to be a roundabout way to manage the license.

I am currently testing F-Secure FREEDOME VPN on an Android phone and an iPhone. After testing is over, is it possible to de-activate the license on these test phone?  From reading the literature, it looks like even when I uninstall the app, F-Secure still count the license on that phone as activated.  Why doesn't F-Secure remove the license when the app is uninstalled? 

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions);

Only as my own unofficial suggestion/feelings:

--> Maybe this is kind of protection against exploiting Freedome with 'not designed' view;

This article with next words (as limitation):

You are allowed to transfer a license a maximum of 4 times during a 3-day period. If you transfer a license 4 times in a 3-day period, your license transfer will be unavailable for 3 days from the first transfer. 

I able to think that if license will be deactivated during uninstallation ->  so... there will be always an option do not meet 'limits';

But just because there is such limitation with 'transfer' (after limits) -> I do not able to think about any reasons for such (except 'protection').

Anyway -> such design looks a little be tricky. And good if there will be official clarification or statement (about potential design - when uninstalling do deactive/release license from device).

BUT if your Freedome subscription/license activated only on your (or known for you) devices -> I feel that there is small number of troublepoints; Even.. license after uninstallation still marked as "in use" - it should not break anything for you (as ability to install it with another device or so); And generally -> just "license" marked as "in use" (but not really valid under device);

But possible to meet some potential exceptions (some topics under community maybe about such meanings);

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info