Low speed

Jotortelli
Jotortelli Posts: 3 New Member

Hello guys,

I'm very new here. Have Freedom VPN yesterday installed on my Win10 machine. Everything seems to be o.k. but the internet-connection is very slow. Of course I know that a far server makes it slower. I looked to the details of  the networkadapter and saw there only 100MBit/s. Guess it should be 1GB/s.  Is this right?

Can I change this to 1GB/s?

Maybe someone can explain to me.......

Best regards

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Jotortelli,

Sorry for getting back to you late. Are you still seeing the slowness in the connection with Freedome on?

• Jotortelli

Hello,

does'nt matter. And yes I still experience slow speed. Any speedtest result in about 20Mbits/sec. Usually I have about 300Mbits/sec. So I wondered and found the adapter (freedome-tap) with 100MBits/s. My Realtek adapter shows 1GBit/s. Tried to update freedome-tap driver but seems it is up to date.

So maybe you have an idea about this. I have a public Ipv4 address an Ipv6 activatet in my router and private network.

Hope you can give me enlightment

Best greetings

Jotortelli

• Laksh

Hi Jotortelli,

We would like to know what location are you trying to connect which causes the slowness.

• Jotortelli

Hello,

thanx for feedback. Slowness is on every connection. I use normally German Falkenstein. The farer connection generate less speed, for example USA Westcoast will only  generate 15 MBits/s.

Best regards

Jotortelli

• Laksh

Hi @Jotortelli,

This might need some investigation with logs from our support team. Kindly get in touch with our Support team for further troubleshooting.

Hi @jorelikins,

Regarding your issue, do you have Kaspersky Secure connection or Kaspersky Internet Security running on your PC along with Freedome? If not, as mentioned above, please get in touch with our support for further troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info