Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last update broke my computer

SOLVED
Highlighted
Aspirant

Last update broke my computer

Good Morning;

Yesterday Freedome did an update to my Windows 10 computer.  Now it can take up to 10 seconds for the Resolving Host message to clear on my Chrome browser.  On another W10 computer that hasn't updated, everything is fine.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't fix it.  I tried a competitors VPN and it also now has the resolving delay.  What have you done to my computer?  Can I reverse the installed changes?  I don't have a lot of time to chase this, I would like a quick fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Last update broke my computer

Hello all, 

We just published a new version 1.16 today. 
To take it into use, you will simply need to download it and launch the installer on top of your current installation. This version includes a fix for the slow DNS resolving.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
16 REPLIES
Aspirant

Okay, I think I found my quick fix, I reinstalled my original install file from February.  It seems to be back to normal at least for now.

Scholar

I have a similar problem with the Resolving host after the last update. Any solutions other than reinstalling? I really like Freedome, but now I have to keep it disabled.

Aspirant

Superuser

Is this problem due to Windows update? Have you checked Windows settings? 

Aspirant

It could be due to an interaction between the last big windows update that was installed last week and the Freedome update.  All I know is that going back to the February version fixed it.

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

If you are still facing this issue, kindly get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone so that this can be troubleshooted further.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Good Evening;

The install file I downloaded in February is working fine.  I'll try the next version when it comes out.  By the comments above there must be others with the same issue.

BB8
Scholar

I also need to go back to an earlier version of Freedome to solve some new issues the recent update caused. I contacted Freedome VPN support and they won't provide a legacy installer.

Do you have a link for the earlier version you're using?   

Community Manager

Hi @BB8 and @MarkuZ,

If you have still not changed the Freedome version, I have sent you a private message regarding this issue to get some information for further troubleshooting.