Is My Slow Internet Normal After Installing F-Secure Freedom

CaJohn
CaJohn Posts: 3 New Member

Today I downloaded and installed the five day trial version on F-Secure Fredom on my Windows 10 desktop computer.   I want the security of VPN but without a "dramatic" reduciton in download and upload speeds.

F-Secure Freedom Server: West Coast USA

Home Internet: AT&T Uverse

Following tests performed with SpeedTest

Prior To F-Secure Freedom

50.4 / 12.6

After Installing F-Secure Freedom

28.2 / 8.6

Is such a dramatic speed degredation normal with F-Secure Freedom?

Thank you - John

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @CaJohn

Could you please have a look at this articel?  and have you tried to change the differnet virtual location and check it?

Would it be possible for you to check Ookla Speed test with F-secure Freedome?

• CaJohn

Thank you for pointing me to the two articles.

I was alerady using SpeedTest OOKULA.  I played around with the designated testing server and found if I selected a server in Orange County California (I live in Orange County) test results were basicly the same as my pre-installation tests using an AT&T Server in Los Angeles.

The only close server farm I can find for Freedom VPN is "West Coast."

I now understand why the test resutls vary, however I remain concerned about the noticable download/upload degredation following the installation of Freedom-VPN.  I only have two days left on the free trial before I have to decide if the benefits of the product outweigh the speed loss.

Regards,

John

• CaJohn

Thanks for the suggestions.

I cleared the DNS Cache.  Testing results did improve. It appears there is enought capability for me to adjjust settings and possibly make up even more of the loss.  Guess I will go ahead and convert my trial install to a regular account.

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @CaJohn

Glad to know that you are happy with F-secure product. Thank you for choosing the F-secure and if we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach our support team .

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info