Intermittent Disconnects

Aspirant

Intermittent Disconnects

I'm having an issue on Windows 10 losing internet connectivity while using Freedome. If I'm connected to the internet and enable Freedome, things will work fine for a while (usually from 10 minutes to an hour or two). After this initial period, pages will stop loading and my browser tells me I'm not connected to the internet. If I turn Freedome protection OFF, things work (without VPN). If I then turn Freedome back ON, things will work again. Basically, I need to 'power-cycle' Freedome every 10-120 minutes or so. What could be causing this? Is there anything that can be done to troubleshoot?

13 REPLIES 13
Scholar

Re: Intermittent Disconnects

I am having this exact issue as well. W10 anniversary edition using Canadian servers.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi, 

@electricpear are you seeing this behavior on a specific location or all locations.

Which versions are you both using?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I haven't tried other locations, now that you mention it. I've been connecting to United States, Southeast. I'll try switching locations to see if there's any difference. 

My version is 1.6.3289.0.

Aspirant

Still intermittently disconnects from other selected locations as well. 

Scholar

I am using 1.6.3289.0 as well.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Could you please take contact with our support so we can investigate better these disconnections.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Executive Member

Same problems here for the last 2-3 weeks. Experiencing connection problems on different devices (iOS, Windows 10 Pro) and locations.

Sometimes it seems Freedome loses connection and cant reconnect. As long als Freedome tries to connect then there is no traffic (Browsing, downloading) possible. Turn around for this issue is to manually open the Freedome app and turn it off and on again.
Aspirant

I did contact support (ticket #XXXXXXXX), but no one has responded in three days. Not very good customer service, frankly. 

EDIT: Remove PII

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

@electricpear thank you for your feedback.

I highlighted your ticket to our support. 

Best Regards

-Ben