Great cable speed without Freedome, speed reduced by two thirds(!!) with Freedome on!!!

macadelic
macadelic Posts: 16 New Member

I have a new Vodafone Cable contract. It runs at 100 MBit. Using speedtest.net I get this result. But once I switch Freedome on, the speed goes dramatically down (one third). Measured via LAN connection.

Do the Freedome servers consume that much bandwith? It is a huge loss that I suffer from. 

F-Secure please clarify. Many thanks.

with Freedome.jpgwithout Freedome.jpg 

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi macadelic,

Please have a look at this article.

What happens when you use Wi-Fi?

• macadelic

Thank you! It is a two third speed loss with

1. LAN (wired) AND WiFi connection;

2. using ALL Freedome servers around the world.

I tried to help myelf and suffer from an approximately same speed loss using ALL combinations: every server with both LAN and WiFi.

Does F-Secure there something like "premium / business" that costs more and offers real bandwidth? Or another service than F-Secure that has is a non US-based company and can deliver?

• Laksh

Hi macadelic,

Do you happen to see this issue after getting this new connection? Or did this issue happen with your old network as well?

I would recommend getting in touch with our support team via chat or phone; so that they can have a look at the logs if needed and troubleshoot further.

• macadelic

I never tested it before as I was never in doubt about the connection.  A tech guy from the cable comapny came and installed the new cable connection. We tested on my computer and got this crazy low speed (28 Mbps). Then he saw the VPN icon and asked me to remove it - and then the speed was 90 Mbps.

• macadelic

@Laksh

Any news on this?  Is it a feature or a bug?

• Laksh

Hi macadelic,

As mentioned in the previous post, kindly get in touch with our support team in order to investigate this further. They should be able to analyze the logs and see what the issue is.

• ClasseR
    ClasseR Posts: 3 New Member

I have the same problem!

This is my standard conection, whitout Freedome!    Smiley Very Happy   Smiley Tongue
    BBK_Resultat_2017.11.03_14.23.43.png

The speed when I'm use "Freedome" from F-Secure!    Smiley Mad   Smiley Frustrated   Smiley MadBBK_Resultat_2017.11.03_14.29.35.png

• Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    @ClasseR

I have sent for you reply with another mail
    (Swedish).
  • RedMonkey
    RedMonkey Posts: 11 Explorer

Have you tried to download something? Speedtest website showing so weird network speeds when i using it with Freedome on. But, when i tried to download something i can download files almost normal speed. I have 100mb/s network speed. I test it in GOG.com (game service/shop) with one game. Download speed was almost 8-10Mb/s. Virtual location was Suomi/Finland Espoo.

• macadelic

Not in my case (I am the one that started the thread) - download speed significantly recuded with Freedome on. I am aware of the limitations of speedtest.net, but in my case Freedome seems to be the evil cause. 

No solution found yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info