Fritz!Box not accessible under Freedome

AG17
AG17 Posts: 5 New Member

Hello, all is fine with Freedome for Windows PC, but now I have no longer access to my router (http://fritz.box/). It shows "Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden" (the page cannot bee shown or so). To get access, I have to totally terminate Freedome, then work in the router software (starting freedome during this work stops the router software) and only when ready with this start Freedome again.

What can I do to get access to my router w/o stopping Freedome?

Best,

A.G.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi A.G.,

Are you able to access Fritz!Box if you turn off Browsing protection and Tracking protection (with Freedome turned on) one by one?

• AG17

Hi Laksh,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, also turning off both browser + tracking protection doesn't help. I have to turn off Freedome, before I can get access to the Fritz!Box.

Best,

A.G.

• Laksh

Hi AG17,

If the Fritzbox and Freedome computer is in the same network, the traffic should bypass Freedome and Fritzbox should be accessible. Could you check the network configs (IP and netmask) for both the fritzbox and his computer? Are they in the same network?

• AG17

Hi Laksh,

thanks for your hint, but I do not understand your question. My PC is directly connected to the router (as is my phone), so there is no network configuration I am aware of. What is a netmask?

Best,

A.G.

• Laksh

Hi AG17,

Netmask is nothing but the subnet configuration in the network for your devices.

• AG17

Hi Laksh,

thanks again, but sorry, I do not understand what you mean. There is no network or configuration, there is only the Fritz!Box (the Router) and my PC (and the phone). And I want to start the configuration menue of the Fritz!Box for WLAN and phone with the link http://fritz.box/. But this doesn't work, wenn Freedome is active.

Best,

A.G.

• Laksh

Hi A.G.,

It is very likely that with Freedome, the traffic is routed through Freedome and it doesn’t go to the local network at all.

Freedome captures all the network traffic and routes it through the virtual location the user has selected to use. It tries to detect traffic going to the local network from this and let it to bypass Freedome altogether, but it looks like this fails now for some reason. We would need the network information for us to investigate this without which it is difficult.

However, in any case Freedome cannot be used to secure this traffic, so a workaround is to have Freedome off when the Fritz!Box is configured.

• AG17

Hi Laksh,

thanks for your information. So it seems that I can configure my router only after turning off Freedome.

In spite of your infos, I have no idea what kind of network info you need and where I can get it. If you need this info please tell me exactly how I can get it for you. I'm not familiar with network, and I'm not aware that there is a network (for me it is the router and the PC only) and that there is anything to configure.

Best,

A.G.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info