Fresh Install on iMac but not connecting to the server

Options
Rickl
Rickl Posts: 3 New Member

I installed a new copy of Freedome on iMac with OS 10.14.3, installed downloaded from F-secure. Initially, the installer program said that it couldn't load on my computer, but after a minute it loaded. When I run the program it comes up immediately with an error message: "Oops.  Could not connect to the server. Check your Internet connection and try again." 

No matter how many times I click "Try Again" the error message immediately pops up again. All other programs that use the internet have no problems connecting to the internet. How do I get the program to connect. It works fine on other Apple products - laptop and ipad.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hello @Rickl 

Are you using any anti-virus on your mac OS? if yes, please try disabling any anti-virus program or conflicting software (i,e third party VPN) on your computer temporarily before trying to activate the Freedome subscription.

Also, please try connect your device with different network ( i.e from wifi to mobile network using hotspot) to check the Freedome activation.

Should the issue still persist, uninstall and reinstall F-Secure Freedome with your anti-virus program temporary disabled until the subscription is activated on the Freedome program.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info