Freedome won't connect to any location (Windows 7)

gretagulny
gretagulny Posts: 3 New Member

Hello there. So I am a bit at loss here. I've had Freedome for about a month now and it has been working just fine up until a few days ago when it just stopped connecting to any location. It will just stay in the "connecting" stage for forever. I've tried all kinds of locations so it shouldn't be a problem with the location, right?

I have Windows 7, no other VPN installed. I've turned my laptop on and off again several times since the problem started.

My best bet is, it has to do with the  router/WiFi? I've been in a different network for the past few days.

I couldn't find any solution on the forums already so I thought I'd try my luck with posting.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi gretagulny,

Could you try to connect to a different Wi-Fi and check if it is possible to turn on Freedome?

Are you facing this connection issue with any other device apart from the Windows 7?

Please have a look at this article as well regarding the port configuration for Freedome on Windows.

• zemankra
    zemankra Posts: 10 New Member

true. connects but no sites opens

• gretagulny

EDIT Accidentally double posted.

• gretagulny
    Thank you for your answer.

I can connect via other WiFi and it also works on my mobile via this WiFi, I just checked.

Sorry to be a bit uneducated about these things, but the linked article doesn't explain anything to me, how does this port configuration work?
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello @gretagulny,

Since you mentioned it can connect via the other network, the issue might be happening only in this specific Wi-Fi and with this Wi-Fi router. The linked KB article mentions the port configuration for Freedome on Windows.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info