Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedome won't connect on iOS ofer wi-fi

SOLVED
Highlighted
Scholar

Freedome won't connect on iOS ofer wi-fi

I have a multi-platform subscription and I'm using Freedome on two phones and a computer. I have an Android phone that connects without any problems (both over 3G and wi-fi), the computer is a mac and also connects without problems (over wi-fi), but my iphone can only connect over 3G, but not when using wi-fi. When I try the Freedome ptoection on it just shows "checking…" for a long time and nothing changes.

Do you have any ideas how to get it to connect? It seems to me that my router/ISP can't be a problem, because other clients connect using the same wi-fi. Also, the client app / phone configuration shouldn't be a problem, because it works over 3G. But that leaves me with no ideas what could be wrong…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Freedome won't connect on iOS ofer wi-fi

Hi ken_w,

Based on your description, it might be the issue with the modem. Some modems prevents the IPSec connections required by the iOS version of Freedome. Could you check this and this article which might relate to your issue?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi ken_w,

Based on your description, it might be the issue with the modem. Some modems prevents the IPSec connections required by the iOS version of Freedome. Could you check this and this article which might relate to your issue?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Thanks, that solved the issue!