cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedome seems to have some iOS 8 issues

Supporter

Freedome seems to have some iOS 8 issues

I can't really explain, not sure whatt's going on. But after i updated to iOS 8 Freedome seems to connect and disconnect all the time, as if it's struggeling to keep the connection... Like I said, i've got no clue, i'm no expert. I can just see things isn't working as they were... Please investigate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Freedome seems to have some iOS 8 issues

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article if you still experience disconnection issue with Freedome version 2.0.4.

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Freedome-VPN-connection-problems/ta-p/61195

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
18 REPLIES 18
Scholar

Yes since updating this morning Freedome seems to disconnect alot and I have to keep turning it back on. It never did this before I updated. (ios 8 - iphone 6)

Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

There was issue with Freedome 2.0.1 and iOS 8. Issue is fixed with F-Secure Freedome VPN 2.0.2. It includes fix to this iOS 8 issue. The version is currently being distributed to the App Stores and is already available in many locations.

You can get this version by opening the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and going to the Updates section. If you cannot see Freedome 2.0.2 there yet, just try again a bit later. 

You can also see post: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/iOS-8-users-Do-NOT-upgrade-to/td-p/60243

Scholar

I have the very latest version (2.0.2) I have only started getting the disconnect issue since updating to it.

Supporter

Yes, same here. Doesn't work on my iPhone 4S, can't install profile. It fails overtime. And the old profil is gone. So... But it works on my iPad 2...
Supporter

Correction. It works everywhere.
KPa
Novice

Hi,

I am having similar issues after updating to IOS 8.0.2 on IPhone 5S, Freedome keeps dropping to state "Off" and must be manually set on again. FreeDone version is 2.0.2. I am having paid subscription, which makes this even more annoying. I upgraded/updated both only after 8.0.2 and 2.0.2 were both available.

Did not have similar problen with IOS7 and older version of Freedome.

I have emailed feedback to F-Secure through Freedome feedback function, so let's see what they have to say.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Referring to this thread.

"We have F-Secure Freedome VPN version 2.0.4 submitted to the Apple review process. As soon as Apple approves it, we will publish it to our users. It includes changes that should solve these connection dropping issues when used with iOS 8.0.2"

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Over two weeks now has gone with no working version of Freedome. What's going on? Is this connection dropping issue some minor bug that only some few peple get? What about security, is it safe to use Freedome now when the VPN connection drops off in random period of time? Internet connection doesn't disconnect when the VPN connection drops off so I guess that the current version 2.02 is very bad for security. I mean I really don't watch that little VPN logo in the upper left corner all the time and verify that the connection is secure.
Supporter

Hello Muumipappa 

Did you see the post just before yours by Ben?  It explains why it unfortunately takes time for the uppdated version to come to its users. 

Br.

Johan