Freedome protection turns off at random on W10 PC

LondonBobby
LondonBobby Posts: 7 New Member

Over the last two or three months, Freedome protection has been turning off, apparently spontaneously, without notice and I usually only discover it when going to look at the Tracker Mapper.  The problem has not occurred on my W10 laptop or Android phone. 

I haven’t been able to determine exactly when protection has turned off, or under what conditions.  It does not matter which location I select.  The Freedome program has continued to run throughout these events, and the icons remain visible on the task bar, which makes it harder to immediately recognize that protection is off.

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

Comments

• LondonBobby

The icon that is pinned to the task bar is always blue.  The icon in the System Tray does change colour, but that is of no help because it is one of many icons that is hidden.

In any case, I did take your advice and phone the support line, which resolved my problem.

Thanks.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@LondonBobby wrote:

The icon that is pinned to the task bar is always blue.  The icon in the System Tray does change colour, but that is of no help because it is one of many icons that is hidden.

In any case, I did take your advice and phone the support line, which resolved my problem.

Thanks.

Hello,

Good that the trouble is sorted!

And, yes, taskbar's picture is always blue;

I just did not pin it (and usually do close Freedome window) and did not think about this point; So switched to "system tray" under my reply (as potential meanings of your words). :)

Also Freedome tray-picture is hidden by default, but I did replace it from "hidden"-status to "show always";  Mainly.. for sure that Freedome is ON (during use it);

Thanks!

• LondonBobby
    Thanks Ukko. That's a much better approach than putting Freedome on the task bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info