Freedome on the Google Nexus Player

Hi Guys

Could someone here please let me know if Freedome can be downloaded onto the Google Nexus Player. 

I am looking to get one and will not make the purchase if freedome does not work on it. 

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Vsaigal,

Based on your enquiry, this depends if the VPN component is included/ enabled in the Android firmware version of the Google Nexus Player. Usually, this type of devices do not have the VPN enabled. If this is not enabled, Freedome might not work. What is the firmware version of the Google Nexus Player which you are planning to buy?

• vsaigal
    vsaigal Posts: 2

Thanks for the response Laksh. 

Not sure what firmware they are using but here are the product details: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Nexus-Player-Google-ASUS/dp/B00S8U5A7W

Nexus Player ( Black) from Google by ASUS, 1.8GHz Quad Core, Intel Atom, 1GB RAM, Imagination PowerVR Series 6 Graphics 2D/3D Engine, 8GB EMMC, 802.11AC, Bluetooth 4.1, Android 5.0 (Lollipop)

According to their details they are using Android 5.0 but I heard they have updates to Android 5.11. 

Could you please advice? 

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Vsaigal,

As I checked further with the team, there is no support for VPN in the firmware of this device. So, Freedome might not be supported for Google Nexus Player.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info