Freedome on Mac cannot connect after waking up from sleep

Community Manager

Re: Freedome on Mac cannot connect after waking up from sleep

Hi t1m0,

Please get in touch with our support team via chat/phone in order to investigate this issue further.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

My problem went away just when the technical support asked me to collect sample for the processes. But the problem is now back.

Just heads up, I was asked to collect the following when the problem was happening.

Run each command from the terminal:

sudo sample openvpn -f openvpn-sample.txt
    sudo sample Freedome -f Freedome-sample.txt
    sudo sample FreedomeDaemon -f FreedomeDaemon-sample.txt

Hope they find the bug soon and fix it.

Community Manager

Hi girishsj,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I have passed on your reply to the support team so that they can continue the troubleshooting with you.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Still same problem. Now using ver. 2.11.5038.

Greetings T

Aspirant

Me too. I upgraded to ver 2.11.xxx. But still the "same" problem.

The only difference now is -- earlier I had to restart the application to get it connected (after waking up). Now, I have to turn off VPN (attempting to connect) and turn it back on (which then succeeds).

I didn't bother to respond to Support case (to keep it open); I don't have time to troubleshoot this with the support.

Novice

i am having the same problem too

Aspirant

Same problem has been occurring for a few days now. Freedome is stuck connecting every time after waking up. Turning it off/on or changing location solves it but that's not how it's supposed to work. Running on Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1114) and Freedome 2.12.5051.0. Please fix this.

cheers,

Lauri

Novice

Yes, after the latest update, Freedome does NOT connect to the vpn. I have to manually turn Freedome OFF and ON to get it connect. It all started after the latest update. I didnt even realized it! This product should have a kill switch, if the network can still work when Freedome doesnt work at all. This need to be fixed immediately!

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Freedome 2.11.5038.0

I also have another problem, related to probably this issue - my NAS doesn go to sleep, it is now spinning disks all the time. (Started after updating Freedome. - probably Freedome is scanning/trying to connect, but nothing happens and causing this odd phenomenon with the NAS.)

Aspirant

Actually I noticed it's not about going to sleep. It only happens when switching networks while asleep, e.g. work->home wifi.

Executive Member

@ÖÖÖÖ

Cannot confirm.

Reconnection fails every time wakening Mac from sleep mode. I am on version 2.12 but nothing changed. Bug is still there.