Freedome on Mac cannot connect after waking up from sleep

Aspirant

Freedome on Mac cannot connect after waking up from sleep

I have recently started using Freedome on Mac (purchased subscription). I noticed that Freedome cannot connect after Mac wakes from sleep. Only way I can make Freedome connect successfully is by restarting it. Is it a bug? Why does it fail to connect after sleep? How do I troubleshoot it?

29 REPLIES 29
Community Manager

Re: Freedome on Mac cannot connect after waking up from sleep

Hi girishsj,

May I know what is the OS of your Mac? And also, what is the version of Freedome installed?

What happens when your Mac wakes up from sleep? Does it keeps connecting and show any error message? Is it happening recently after any changes?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

macOS Sierra - version 10.12.5

Freedome - version 1.13.3596.0

When Mac wakes up from sleep, Freedome tries to reconnect and I see "Connecting... ON" message displayed in the status circle. It stays in "Connecting... ON" state for long time (10-15min) before I Quit/Stop the Freedome application. It does not show any error message.

I recently (less than 1 week ago) purchased Freedome. This has been happening from day 1 on my mac. There has been no change in my mac or my internet router (no new config, no new software/hardware besides Freedome).

Community Manager

Hi girishsj,

Based on your version number, it seems to be an old version installed and we have a newer version of Freedome released after that. Could you please try to install the latest version and let us know if the issue persists?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

What is the new version? Where can I download it from?

The version I have downloaded is from f-secure website.. just a week ago. Also, if I click check update from within the application, I don't see any new version available for download.

So, I am not sure what you are talking about.

Community Manager

Hi girishsj,

My apologies, indeed that is the recent version for Mac. Let me check on this and get back to you if this might need further troubleshooting with the logs.

Community Manager

Hi girishsj,

Could you please let us know how long it takes for the Mac to join the network after the sleep with Freedome turned off?

Aspirant

> Could you please let us know how long it takes for the Mac to join

> the network after the sleep with Freedome turned off?

The Mac joins the network without any delay after the sleep. I can start browsing instantly after it wakes from the sleep. The Mac is connected on the ethernet port (with static IP address; no DHCP) to the home router; in other words, no wifi involved.

Community Manager

Hi girishsj,

This might need further investigation with our support team along with the logs. I have escalated this case to our support team to proceed further. They will communicate to you via email.

Aspirant

Hi

here ia a same problem. Any solutions yet please?

Greetings Timo

macOS Sierra ver 10.12.6 (16G29)

Freedome ver 1.19.3659.0