Freedome not allowing Netflix access to Canada

rp1
Scholar

Re: Freedome not allowing Netflix access to Canada

Hi Laksh,

I am experiencing the same problem. Have you been able to find a solution?! Please sent me a PM.

When trying to play Netflix content from other countries I am receiving this message on my Windows 10 and Android device when using Freedome:

'Whoops, something went wrong... Internet connection problem. An Internet or home network connection problem is preventing playback. Please check your Internet connection and try again. If the problem persists , please callNetflix Customer Support at 1-888-811-9842.

Can you please advise a solution.

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi rp1,

Please have a look at the last message in this same post here.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Novice

the bad message of this situation is that:

if Netflix or any other service can identify FREEDOME and/or FREDOME users and assign  special actions based on this identification it meens that

FREEDOME is not as free and as anonymous as the advertizement implies it to be !

If you have to start making choices, either to use (Netflix  / service A  / service B ...) or FREEDOME then the whole FREDOME idea is geting less and less atractive