Freedome menu bar shown as inactive

fereous
fereous Posts: 6 New Member

Now and then Freedome shows its  inactive menu bar icon (icon with backslash) , even if both the menu and the Freedome app says that protection is “ON”. Bug or feature?

freedome_menubar.png

OS X 10.11.3, Freedome 1.0.2352.0.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi fereous,

Did the issue occur with the previous OS version or only with OS X 10.11.3? Does the Freedome menu bar icon remain like this all the time or only for a short time?

Does it happen during a particular time like after restart or after waking from sleep, etc?

• fereous

Had the same issue with the previous version of OS X (10.11.2). Don’t think I ever used Freedome with any earlier versions. The Freedome icon reverts to active when switching to another location, when on/off is toggled, and after a boot/restart.

Though it occurs every day, I have yet to figure out if any special event is connected to the Freedome icon going inactive. Owing to a looming deadline I’m currently chained to the computer, and so just happen to notice the changed icon state from time to time.

• Laksh

Hi fereous,

Thanks for the update. In order to investigate this further, I recommend to open a support ticket with our support team along with your issue details.

• fereous

Thanks, will do that.

• fereous
    All quiet on the support front; no answer yet to my support ticket. Maybe I’m the only person in the world with this problem – a rather chilling thought.
  • Laksh

Hi fereous,

Apologies for the delayed response with regards to your support case. I have highlighted your support request to our team.

• fereous

Any news from your support team yet?

Now on Mac OS X 10.11.4 and Freedome 1.4.3038.0.

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hi fereous,

I've highlighted this to the respective Technical Support, they will get back to you regarding this case by today. Please let us know if you need futher assistance on this. We apologized for any inconvenienece caused.

Thank you so much for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info