Freedome license transfer

Juh
Juh Posts: 5 New Member

I have 3 device subscription Freedome, I changed my mobile and now i need to make license transfer from old phone(iPhone) to the new(iPhone).

I did found lot of information that, YES license count is exceeded and I need to do License transfer. But how in earth this is done?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Common potential words/steps/design is available with such knowledgebase articles:

Valid for multiplatform-type subscription.

Based on this information -> when you tried to install Freedome on your fresh device (with/or not/  uninstalled Freedome on previous device) with your activation/subscription code -> what happened?

License is marked as 'not valid'? Or transfer-license is not triggered (and only words that 'all available licenses in use')?

If own steps will be with stuck -> possible to try ask direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Juh,

In addition to Ukko's message, the article shared by him has the detailed information. Have you tried to uninstall Freedome from the old phone and tried to install it in the new phone? Did Freedome prompt for the license transfer during the installation on the new phone?

• Juh

I got (in the new phone) that "Transfer a license to this device" window with text that does not "spread" in to the window (IOS 11.2)

If there is a button in somewhere that i should hit please let me know. The old phone is already reseted and i uninstalled the Freedome VPN app before reseting.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Juh wrote:

I got (in the new phone) that "Transfer a license to this device" window with text that does not "spread" in to the window (IOS 11.2)

If there is a button in somewhere that i should hit please let me know. The old phone is already reseted and i uninstalled the Freedome VPN app before reseting.

Hello,

I able to think that should be any buttons (bottom of window maybe). Does it possible to scale this window or... something like "move" it (scroll). Not sure how it can be called with mobile platforms.

If not -> maybe good to receive official clarification from F-Secure. Or to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (as boost step for clarification; or if it possible to reset your count of used devices).

Thanks!

• Laksh

Hi Juh,

I'm not sure why the screen is not showing up completely on your phone. May be a screenshot should help us to understand it better. Or as Ukko has suggested, please get in touch with our Support team here for troubleshooting.

• arskajee
    arskajee Posts: 3 Observer

I have the same issue

https://imgur.com/K9CUjBa

• Laksh

Hi arskajee,

Have you tried the steps mentioned by Ukko and me in the above posts? Did you check this article?

• arskajee

Hi

Unable to scale or anything like that. The app is just stuck with that screen, and hence because I’m not able to choose any of the options the article talks about, it’s irrelevant before I can make the license transfer selection to appear as intended. It seems to be an iOS bug in the app no? I’m using iPhone SE.

thanks

• Juh

Exactly... Iam using iPhone8 & iOS 11.2

What i heard there is incoming update which should fix this bug. I’ve got one month license code from the F-Secure helpdesk. 

So we shall wait for the fix

• arskajee

Grrat, how long is that estimated to take?

Thanks

• Laksh

Hi arskajee,

There is no ETA as it should be there as soon as Apple finishes its review.

• Marty2018
    Marty2018 Posts: 3 New Member

Good luck, sorry to say but, unfortunately it wont be possible, and dont expect any help from "support" 

• jhh_
    jhh_ Posts: 1 New Member

Is there any solution for this? Just got a new phone and it is lacking VPN because of this transfer/screen issue....

• Juh

No, in a bugfix/update form. Thou it was promised that update is in a Apple approval and will released after that in appstore. And the solution is mean time that you will call to the F-Secure and they will give you 1month temporary code for the Freedome app.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info