Freedome is blocking Wells Fargo Bank's secure signon

Aspirant

Re: Freedome is blocking Wells Fargo Bank's secure signon

Hello Jaims,

- Well, oam.wellsfargo.com was indeed still hard-blocked by Freedome

- the instructions you referenced do not apply to Freedome

= Freedome is in C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Freedome\Freedome\1, a strange location in several senses, but anyway, none of the paths in those instructions, which are for other F-Secure products.

= There is no executable named orspdiag.exe or orspdiag64.exe anywhere in that folder

What I did is, again, go through the uninstall Freedome-reboot laptop-reinstall Freedome-dig up purchase key routine.

This time, it worked. I successfully got through the security layer, and was able to view my bank account.

- is there a way to clear the cache on Freedome, rather than your 'big' products??

- why is my active F-Secure account _only_ connectable to these 'big' products, completely ignores that I've purchased Freedome direct from F-Secure nearly 3 years ago, always updating, and gives an 'expired' result if I try to use it to authorize Freedome as offered as an alternative to  the key??

I think very highly of F-Secure, and know something about them, but these user failures are not in keeping with F-Secure at all. And that I have to fight to get the DNS unblocked for a bank....

Shaking my head, not at you, but at some layer which is not supporting F-Secure via Freedome at all to the level I would  feel quite expected at Helsinki area headquarters. I think you could help by giving management my note here, thanks.

Regards,

Clive

Hi @NarrSD 

Thanks for getting back to us.

We would like to have some more details from you to investigate this case so I will be sending you an email shortly.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks, Jaims -- I am in contact  with them now. 

Diagnostics are sent, and I'm hoping to hear soon on how _also_ to recover access on my cellphone bank app, as even a deinstall-reinstall-update-reauthenticate procedure didn't fix the problem there.

Best,

Clive

Aspirant

I received a note from F-Secure  outside this forum today, and tested their results.

Wells Fargo Bank is now working again, with Freedome enabled, on both the browser web access and the Android app.  Looks like they fixed this not-so-easily-reckoned problem.