Freedome is block School Messenger Links

sbobcat
sbobcat Posts: 3 New Member

Freedome has recently begun blocking links from School Messenger. We recieve emails from our school district and they leverage the School Messenger service.

These links used to work with Freedome on (mobile and PC), but now the links do not work, but there is no explination that they have been blocked or any indication the Freedome was the one blocking. (Turning off Freedome immediatly allowed the links to begin working.

In a message, this is a typical link:

track.spe.schoolmessenger. com/f/a/RfEA5G6t_dLEYeAnmTosaQ~~/AAAAAQA~/RgRd4qAuP0Q_aHR0cHM6Ly9pbmNsdXNpdmVzY2hvb2xzLm9yZy8yMDE4LWluY2x1c2l2ZS1zY2hvb2xzLXdlZWstdGhlbWUvVwdzY2hvb2xtQgoAAK5sAVz58DGpUhNzdGVwaGVuQGhldmVyaW4uY29tWAQAAAAB

Which basically redirects you to the content that the school district sent. 

Freedome should not be blocking this as it is legitimate and safe traffic.

EDIT: Removed Hyperlink

Comments

• sbobcat

I have raised the issue up with F-Secure, and provided all the details to reproduce the issue. Outside of their emails asking me if my problem has been fixed they have yet to actually fix the problem. This has been dragging on for weeks. 

• sbobcat

The response I got from F-Secure was that it won't remove the block because its a tracking site.

Regardless of the legitimacy of the site.

I should have the ability to unblock safe URLs vs. having to turn off all tracking. Why did I purchase a product that I can't actually use to protect me if the only option is to turn it off?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info