Freedome for Mac

Highlighted
Jhx
Aspirant

Freedome for Mac

In another thread from 2013 you describe that Freedome is coming to Mac OS X "later" this year. I couldn't find updated information from anywhere or any official statement about Mac support.

Any chance you could update the Freedome for Mac schedule for us? Would you need / accept beta testers?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Freedome for Mac

Hello,

The beta version of Freedome for Mac is now publicly available at:

https://freedome.f-secure.com/macbeta/

It includes 2 months free trial.

Please have a try and let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Päivi

18 REPLIES 18

I would love to have Freedom for Macintosh. It is by far one of F-Secure's most helpful products. PARTICULARLY IF BOTH NEIGHBORS seem to have roaming Wi-Fi network fingers. I only have the choice of little Snitch 3.5 as network firewall protectìon. Then I use another third party VPN ahem because I have no choice Smiley Sad.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Freedome for Mac, is still in the making but we should get a beta program starting for it in the coming months.

We will update you when we have more details on that.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Jhx
Aspirant

Great news and thanks for the reply. As I'm probably not the only Mac user out there browsing for different VPN solutions, you could maybe state "Mac OS X coming 2015" in the system requirements... instead of just being totally silent about the OS X support.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll pass it on to the people in charge.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Novice

I agree with Jhx.

You are doing yourself a huge disservice by not keeping potential customers informed of your plans with OS X.

There are many potential customers such as myself who are searching for a reliable and trustworthy one-stop VPN service to use on all their devices, especially OS X.

Having now used your VPN service on all the iOS devices in my household, I'm impressed enough to hold on until you release support for OS X, but you seem to remain silent on that front while many other customers are probably not willing to wait and are choosing the full range of services on offer from your competitors.

You risk losing a part of the market that would make me very unhappy if I were a shareholder.

Aspirant

I am interested in a Mac OS X version, too. When is the estimated release date? Does it make sense for me to wait or should I move on? 

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Tomek,

See this press release.

" Freedome for Mac was unveiled at F-Secure's MobileFocus Global event at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on March 1, and will be rolled out during the second quarter of 2015."

Best Regards

-Ben

Aspirant

Ben,

thank you for your fast response. I cross my fingers that the development team can make it before the summar vacations. 

Aspirant

If I purchase Freedome for 3 devices now, will the Mac version be automatically added as an option without having to purchase a different plan later?