I have been using Freedome without a problem for the past several weeks on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s.
Then, yesterday, Freedome stopped working on my iPad Air. So, I tried the usual:
1) Power off iPad. Power on again. This has always worked in the past. Not yesterday.
2) Delete profile. Reinstalling the profile has always worked in the past. Not yesterday. Now my profile has disappeared in in my iPad settings, and so it cannot be reinstalled.
3) Delete app. Reinstall app. This has worked in the past. Not yesterday. Now Freedome crashes instantly at launch, every time. And my profile is still missing in settings.
4) Delete app. Power down. Power on. Hold down power and home button. Then reinstall app. Nope. Freedome crashes every time at launch.
5) Reset network settings. Nope. Freedome still crashes at launch.
6) Empty cookies and cache, etc. in Safari. Reinstall app. Freedome still crashes.
Please note that Freedome still works correctly on my iPhone, but not on my iPad.
Freedome crashes at launch without a message.
This started the day Freedome released its latest update. Apparently the update killed Freedome for iPads while working correctly for the iPhone.
Thank you for notifying us about the problem.
Would you be able to collect us a log using iPhone Configuration Utility when the crash happens.
The utility can be downloaded at:
Here's an image to help collect the logs:
You can send the log to: email@example.com
Thanks for your help.
Päivi, Freedome team
Just wanted to check in and see if you've sent the logs and found a solution to this issue. If you have, please share what fixed the problem! If not, we're still here to help :)
My english is not good enough so here is in spanish...
Hoy instale el F-Secure freedome en mi Ipad iOS 7.1.2 pero no funciona adecuadamente.
Al momento de levantar el sitio virtual cancela totalmente la conexion a internet del Ipad, como solucion lo desintale y borre la vpn, probe la conexion a internet y funcionaba.
Nuevamente como comento anteriormente Wilderness lo reinstale y colocando los parametros (settings) asi como el codigo (david) y todo estaba bien, procedi a realizar la activacion del sitio virtual y mismo problema, cero conexion, no conecta.
Lo tengo instalado en la Samsung Tab 2 de mi hija y funciona perfectamente pero en el Ipad en lo absoluto.
Quedo a la espera de sus bien habidos comentarios,
I'm sorry for the delay with the response.
Did you try if the removal of the Freedome VPN profile from the device settings and putting Freedome back on help? Uninstallation of the app itself is not enough to fix the problem.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions