Freedome connects and then immediately disconnects on Windows 10

kvatto
kvatto Posts: 2 New Member

I recently purchased a 1-year subscription for three devices. Freedome works completely fine on my MacBook running macOS 10.12, but on my Windows 10 PC it doesn't work at all. Freedome installs just fine and I can select a location and connect to it. However, about a second after I've connected to the VPN server the connection drops and remains in "connecting" status for an indefine period of time.

This happens every time I try to use Freedome. I've tried reinstalling Freedome, a different Ethernet port, rebooting... The PC in question is connected to Internet via an ASUS router acting as a repeated, which is then connected to Vodafone Easybox 804 modem wirelessly. Without Freedome my Internet works just fine.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi kvatto,

Does it happen with all the locations selected? Are you able to connect to the internet via Freedome using 3g or other WiFi connections?

• kvatto
    kvatto Posts: 2 New Member

Yes, it happens with all locations. As I mentioned, my Mac running Freedome works fine and it's connected to the same WiFi. 

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi kvatto,

I am not sure what's different in Windows that creates the issue with the connection. Please do get in touch with our Support via the support ticket along with the Freedome logs for further troubleshooting. I also see you have tried reinstalling; so might need further analysis with our support team.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info