Freedome compains that my licenses are used

Thomson
Thomson Posts: 6 Explorer

Hello,

I have three device license for Freedome, but when I add third device, I get question if I want to transfer my licenses. After I do this one previously added devices stop working. My devices which I want to use freedome with are macbook air (Macos high sierra), Bootcamp on macbook (windows 10), and iPad air (IOS11).

Can you direct me on this one? 

Juha 

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Can be useful to re-check such articles:

Where first article do explain how "transfer license" works.

And second one about potential reasons for troubles with voucher/license-code.

Does your experience that devices do not accept license-code after transfer-procedure?

OR after 're-use' (transfer licenses) -> previous "valid" devices are broken about Freedome work?

Based on first knowledgebase-article -> licenses re-used automatically with 'next connection to Freedome servers'. Does it possible to re-trigger under your devices?

And does it possible that your subscription-code can be known for anyone else (such as used by other people under their own devices)?

Thanks!

• Thomson
    Thomson Posts: 6 Explorer

>Does your experience that devices do not accept license-code after transfer-procedure?

>OR after 're-use' (transfer licenses) -> previous "valid" devices are broken about Freedome work?

Second one, that is, after I transfer license previously valid devices gets "broken". As I said before, two devices work just fine, but when I add third, one of the previously added devices gets license broken. 

>Based on first knowledgebase-article -> licenses re-used automatically with 'next connection to >Freedome servers'. Does it possible to re-trigger under your devices?

I don't understand this? If I choose license transfer on the device that I'm using gets working license, but other (third) device loses it. 

>And does it possible that your subscription-code can be known for anyone else (such as used by other >people under their own devices)?

My code is not known to anyone else in sense that i would have given it to someone else.  

-Juha

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Just as sidenote: I'm also only F-Secure user and my words more as unofficial suggestions.

For proper investigation and some kind of 'internal check' your subscription situation --> good to use direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Second one, that is, after I transfer license previously valid devices gets "broken". As I said before, two devices work just fine, but when I add third, one of the previously added devices gets license broken. 

I don't understand this? If I choose license transfer on the device that I'm using gets working license, but other (third) device loses it. 

How I can to understand 'transfer license'-design: it should be only when all licenses already 'in use'.

Like if (for yor situation) Freedome installed under three devices. And you did start installation for fourth device (it can be stuck for license-count with previous installation... during reinstallation Freedome, as exmaple).

Based on Knowledgebase article: when you did 'transfer license'. All licenses are 'cleared' under devices and then added on-demand (with next connection to Freedome servers) under devices.

Just potential situation: that one of your devices was latest (fourth device) for such reconnection. but it means that there is else one device who tried to use your license (?!).

OR good to re-check that subscription about three devices indeed (and not two devices - if possible).

And probably good to contact F-Secure Support Channels for look into it.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info