Freedome blocks iCloud sync

Jhx
Aspirant

Freedome blocks iCloud sync

Looks like Freedome blocks iCloud sync between Apple devices. I just spent a while investigating why my iCloud-saved files do not appear on my iPhone iCloud Drive. Then noticed my Mac had Freedome connection on and iCloud couldn't sync.

I turned off Freedome and files were saved to iCloud immediately plus they showed up on iPhone, too. It was clear the cause was the Freedome connection.
3 REPLIES 3
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Freedome blocks iCloud sync

Hello JHX, 

Could you try to activate the following option in your client to see if it helps?

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Home-Security/When-should-I-use-the-quot-Keep/ta-p/77239

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Jhx
Aspirant

Hi Ben,

I understood the link you provided me with was for the iOS client. My iOS device didn't have Freedome connection switched on though, only my Mac. I created files on my computer (while on VPN) and they didn't upload to iCloud Drive until I disconnected the VPN.

I just used my iPhone to check if the sync was ready. The VPN connection on my Mac was Finland, FYI.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello JHX,

Could you try to disable both tracking protection and browsing protection to see if that helps?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.