Freedome and trackers

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Just wondering about Freedome

Every now and then there are tweets like thisTweet.JPG

Interesting topic, but if you click the link you get

TC_access.JPG

Now which is worse being subjected to facial recognitions or allowing use of your device and data to read the article?

When links like this are posted (there are more like that) is Freedome overlooking that or implying that if you use Freedome you do not have to care about that?

If you do not have to worry about that, does it mean that when you are allowing it you are actually feeding false information and not telling that?

Or something more?

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @martink 

It seems you are getting the cookies policy  for the website. You can find more information here.

You need to click OK to accept cookies to access the website and see the topic. 

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Thank you for your response.

I understand it is their policy and in order to see the information I need to accept.

That is beside the point.

The point is I care about my privacy and do not want to handle over the store keys for just viewing a single article. Therefore I use Freedome.

The question is that when tweeting that does Freedome imply that I it is OK for my privacy because I use Freedome and my real details are  not compromised or that the tweeter does not care if they are compromised.

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @martink 

Even if you click OK  to allow cookies for a website, our Freedome VPN is an powerful online privacy and security tool that enables you to hide your online activity and disguise your IP address. By hiding your IP address, you effectively disconnect your identity from the cookies that websites create, making it impossible for anyone to use them to track your online activity.

Please refer this KB article  to know more about preventing website sites from tracking you by Freedome and this KB article for Freedome Anti-Tracking feature.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info