Freedome and Android 5, internet blocked

I have Samsung Galaxy 5 with recently updated Annroid 5. When Freedome is on WLAN surfing is ok, but 3G or 4G does not work at all? If Freedome is off, all works just fine. ??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Tumpelo,

Sorry for the delay in the reply,

Could you confirm if your Mobile service provider is allowing VPN over mobile network?

Referring to this thread some Operators might limit it, that could be the problem.

• My operator is Elisa, Finand and they do not set any limitations to the use of VPN. They suspected that Fsecure Freedome  may need to be under NAT. Is this the case?

• tumpelo
    tumpelo Posts: 6

Olen nyt siis 2 kuukautta yrittänyt saada tätän vastausta, mutta ei edes tuohon Elisan vastaukseen ole tullut mitään kommenttia, edes F-Securelta. Olen myös yrittänyt epätoivoisesti soittaa F-Securen tukeen, mutta he kieltäytyvät systemaattisesti, kun asia ei heille kuulu. Varsinaisia Siiloja on luotu, sanoisin. Sellaisen arvauksen kuitenkin sain, että jos deletoin tuon Freedomen ja lataan uuksiksi, niin uutta pariakymppiä ei perittäsi. Mitenkähän on. En ole vuosikausiin törmännyt vastaavaan arroganssiin kuin nyt F-Securen tuen osalta.

• EmodJI
    EmodJI Posts: 1
    Well have you tried it under NAT? You will find this under Settings -> More.. -> Mobile Network Settings -> Access Point Names -> APN protocol -> tic IPv4/IPv6 instead of IPv4. It shouldn't, but may require saving and booting of the device.
  • tumpelo

Did not help. Should I delete the app?

• Tapsa
    Tapsa Posts: 82 F-Secure Employee

Hei

Olen pahoillani, ettei tämän asian käsittely ole mennyt niin sukkelasti kuin se olisi pitänyt hoitaa.

Freedomen pitäisi toimia ongelmitta myös mobiiliverkoissa, mukaanlukien myös Elisan verkko. NAT:illa tässä tuskin on mitään tekemistä, mutta olemme törmänneet tilanteeseen, jossa erään pohjois-amerikkalaisen operaattorin brändäämissä Samsungin laitteissa on ollut bugi, joka estää VPN-yhteyden muodostumisen mobiiliverkoissa. Tarvitsemme hiukan lisää tietoja, jotta pystymme tutkimaan asiaa eteenpäin, otan yhteyttä yksityisviestillä.

And  same in English: We're very sorry that handling this case has been way too slow. 

Freedome should work without any issues in the mobile networks, including the Elisa operator network. NAT most likely don't play any role here. However, we're aware of a case where the certain North American operator branded Samsung devices had a bug which prevented the VPN connections in mobile networks. We need some further information to investigate this case, I'll contact you by private message.

• tumpelo

The

@Tapsa wrote:

Hei

Olen pahoillani, ettei tämän asian käsittely ole mennyt niin sukkelasti kuin se olisi pitänyt hoitaa.

Freedomen pitäisi toimia ongelmitta myös mobiiliverkoissa, mukaanlukien myös Elisan verkko. NAT:illa tässä tuskin on mitään tekemistä, mutta olemme törmänneet tilanteeseen, jossa erään pohjois-amerikkalaisen operaattorin brändäämissä Samsungin laitteissa on ollut bugi, joka estää VPN-yhteyden muodostumisen mobiiliverkoissa. Tarvitsemme hiukan lisää tietoja, jotta pystymme tutkimaan asiaa eteenpäin, otan yhteyttä yksityisviestillä.

And  same in English: We're very sorry that handling this case has been way too slow. 

Freedome should work without any issues in the mobile networks, including the Elisa operator network. NAT most likely don't play any role here. However, we're aware of a case where the certain North American operator branded Samsung devices had a bug which prevented the VPN connections in mobile networks. We need some further information to investigate this case, I'll contact you by private message.

The phone is purchased from Saunalahti Finland, not in America.

I have now done as you wished and sent you the data.

• tumpelo

That you for your advice, now Freedome works just fine. I thouhgt that Freedome app is updated automatically on the background, but in my case that is not the case, even though Android seem to do all kinds of things on the background all the time on other apps...

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info