Ok thanks

Re: Freedome VPN ios problem with whatsapp

Christmas 2034???

Scholar

Yeah what?
Scholar

Or maybe later. Still the same really disturbing issues. Freedome isn't automatically opening when opening the phone. And the mostly troubling thing is that the whatsapp messages aren't coming through.

Please!
Novice

Yep, exactly the same issue still in here too. Basically had to stop using Freedome on phone because of this Whatsapp problem. Unfortunately.

Not trying to be rude, but it would be nice if f-secure would keep us updated :-(
Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

You could try our beta version as described in this article regarding this issue.

Another post here by @Ben, also provides more insights regarding this issue. As per the reply/feedback here, iOS 9.3 beta seems to have resolved this issue. 

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Champion

Some Information:

with TunnelBear it also does not work.

iOS 9.3 Public Beta 3 does not fix the issues with the on-demand-VPN.

Maybe PB 2 did this, but I can't check it.

Some other vendors say in the readme's of the iOS AppStore...

...SurfEasyVPN: fixed a bug to improve connectivity (2.2.2016)

...BetterNet: fixed the auto reconnection bug / fixed connection issues

but trust is an important factor for VPN, so freedome is my VPN of choice

Conclusion still not fixed. I applied for the beta. Got an invite with a broken link. Ask via pm here, replied back to the mail. No response whatsoever. I really like F-Secure. But the lack of customer support and appriciation is getting on my nerves. At lease keep us updated.

You just link us to a topic where someone confirms that it is still not working. Come on people :-(, I've paid for 3 devices and recommended it to tons of people. A little more help would be great.

Champion

the new version 2.4.0 is now live in the App Store.

· Introducing tracker mapper for mobile: A visual tool that lets you see blocked tracking attempts in real time (requires at least iOS8 and 1GB RAM)
· Due to an increase in number of virtual locations they are now sorted in a more user-friendly manner
· By request of advanced users and some who have experienced issues with messaging apps, a setting has been implemented to allow the VPN to be turned on constantly, even when device is idle

many thanks to the iOS Freedome team!