Freedome VPN ios problem with whatsapp

bug
Novice

Freedome VPN ios problem with whatsapp

Since i`ve installed F-Secure Freedome VPN I have problems with whatsapp. Whatsapp is not connecting in background anymore. So i receive only messages when i start the whatsapp application.

Strange is, that it dosen`t matte wheter freedome is started or not (vpn symbol in the rigt corner upside).

Is this a known bug? I don`t want to remove whatsapp an reinstall because of the media archive.

Thans a lot

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
F-Secure

Re: Freedome VPN ios problem with whatsapp

I believe we haven't received other similar feedback regarding Whatsapp. We will investigate this in more detail; I will contact you with a private message with more instructions for you.

Yours,

Tapio

--
Tapio Keihänen
F-Secure Freedome Service Manager
Scholar

Same kind of problem. Whatsapp does not connect at all until I open the Freedome app and go back to Whatsapp. Not incoming messages or a possibility to send a new one before this manouver. Really nasty failure. Maybe caused by ios9 - who knows. Haven't had any other problems since updating the ios.

I removed Whatsapp from my iPhone and reinstalled it, but it didn't make any difference. Except me losing all my Whatsapp history. That is upsetting.

Novice

Same Problem here - with IOS 9.0.2 no connection in Whatsapp until I open a Webbrowser or Freedome VNP APP!

Please fix this!

Scholar

I've exactly this same issue on Whatsapp with iOS 9.0.2. No connection until I open Safari or Freedome. It would be really nice to get this fixed. A bit annoying...

Scholar

I am also facing this issue since iOS 9.

any news on that?

Scholar

Can I help F-Secure with this? I am on iOS 9.0.2

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the feedback on the issue and our RND team is currently investigating on it. We will keep you updated once we get any information regarding this.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Same problems, also log time before internet connection for other apps like news republic, wunderground,...some time they can't refresh at all.
My applewatch also acts weird....not ringing on incoming call... Or keeps ringing when answering on the iphone
Everything back to normal when freedome is off
Will keep freedome off waiting for an update
Iphone 5s.. Ios 9.0.2
Apple watch os2

Any update? Same problem here