Freedome VPN cannot connect to any location within the US on Android cellphone and Windows 7 laptop

vpnsecure
vpnsecure Posts: 4 New Member

Thank you in advance for help with this. 

Freedome VPN cannot connect to any location within the US on Android cellphone and Windows 7 laptop. Both devices are physically located in the US and trying to connect to US servers using Freedome version 2.27.5861.0

Please advise.  Thanks again.

Comments

• bigbike2000
    bigbike2000 Posts: 3 Observer

Im having the same issue. I can connect to locations outside of US like the UK but unable to connect to anything in the US. Sometimes it will act likes it's connected to a US location, but then there is no internet connection. My subscription is up to date as is my Freedome application.

I a also using a Windows 7 machine and an Android phone.

• vpnsecure

Thank you for replying.

I just tried to connect to the UK London and it did work.

We willll use this as a workaround temporarily while the US servers are unable to connect. 

By the way, having the same issue with the servers in Canada. Haven't tried any other countries yet.

• bigbike2000
    bigbike2000 Posts: 3 Observer

Yes Im having the same experience. Canada does not work but UK does. But it is much slower then the US connections.

• vpnsecure

Interesting. I am not noticing a huge drop off in response time. 

Thanks again for the follow up.

Guess we'll have to see if the company can do anything about it. Hopefully they will push out a patch soon if required.

• cheetah102
    cheetah102 Posts: 1 New Member

I'm having the same problem here in Canada, it won't connect to any of the Canadian servers ...

• NarrSD
    NarrSD Posts: 24 Observer

Yes, Freedome is completely gone for several hours.  Windows and Android, no difference.

Not a good thing.  I hope sisu can help.

• NarrSD
    NarrSD Posts: 24 Observer

Tapio-team, thanks for your hard work --  we don't know  how much we depend on Freedome until we don't have it.

A sure-fix will be very good, of course. But there's something else I feel strongly that you should look into.

The problem is that we out in the world were blind. As far as I could find, there's no 'System Status' site, or anything else to communicate situations.

Other  providers of web services commonly have a website on a completely separate and reliable physical server, so that they can provide status information generally at any time -- and messages of the situation and prognosis when problems occur.

I hope you'll enjoy making such communication in future, thanks.

• vpnsecure

Server outages are unexpected and unanticipated; thank you for your timely response and summary of events. 

As you can see from the immediacy of the response here during this partial outage, the f-secure freedome vpn is a valued resource for many. Thank you for creating such a useful tool and your ongoing efforts to ensure uptime.

• ITGuy67
    ITGuy67 Posts: 1 New Member

I view this as North American discrimination and I'm offended for my fellow Americans and my Canadian brothers and sisters!  LOL

I agree that some type of status page would be a great idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info