Freedome VPN Release Notes?

Danno
Danno Posts: 41 Contributor

My Macbook running Mojave popped up a message to upgrade Freedome.  The text stated something about it being outdated.   So I ignored pop up and closed Freedome then restarted thinking that a restart who trigger an upgrade check.   No upgrade (F-Secure still has not fixed checking for upgrade where it doesn't reply if there is no update) was offered.  So I went to F-Secure to look up the release notes but could not find them.    Are there release notes or does F-Secure want its customers to be hacked?

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Danno,

F-secure Freedome update automatically when new versions are release. The new version of Freedome for Mac 2.23.5653 has already rolled out. Currently, there is no release notes avialable for F-secure Freedome in our F-secure website. But I will certainly forward your request to relevant department.

To check the Freedome version:

1. Click the F-Secure product icon in the menu bar (runs along the top of the screen).

A pop-up menu appears.

2. F-Secure FREEDOME: Select About to open the page, which contains the product name and version as well as other details about the product.

What's New in Version 2.23

• Bug fixes and user interface improvements
  • Danno

I have version 2.15.5163.0.  When I select 'Check For Updates' nothing happens.   I have restarted Freedome.  Please advise.

• Danno

I am on the latest version now.  Thanks!

• Sethu

Hello @Danno,

Thank you for the update and glad to know that you have now upgraded the newer version successfully.

• Minnam
    Minnam Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

I have the same problem (old version -unable to update to latest version) as Dunno. Please let me know how to get the latest version installed.

• Sethu

Hello @Minnam,

Click here to see the Uninstallation steps for F-secure Product.

Click here to see the Installation steps for F-secure Freedome for Mac.

• Minnam
    Minnam Posts: 2 New Member

Thank you so much! All done and ready now!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info