Freedome NEVER starts automatically when my Windows 7 computer comes out of sleep OR hibernation

Aspirant

Freedome NEVER starts automatically when my Windows 7 computer comes out of sleep OR hibernation

To be clear, it's the VPN connection that NEVER starts automatically when my Windows 7 computer comes out of sleep or hibernation. The Freedome software is running after sleep and hibernation, but I ALWAYS have to manually connect to the VPN by clicking on the icon on my taskbar to open up the Freedome control screen.

Is that normal? I thought that the VPN should always start automatically. More than once I've started browsing websites without the VPN connected and then I have to kick myself because I realized that I forgot to start it again before opening websites.

The VPN connection starts automatically when the computer is completely off and then turned on, and it also starts after the computer is restarted.

All three of the options under Settings have a check mark, I haven't missed a step there.

This is happening on 3 different computers. One computer is version 1.0.2352.0, the other two might be an update or two behind but should be pretty close to the same version. All three computers are using Windows 7, fully updated.

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

Re: Freedome NEVER starts automatically when my Windows 7 computer comes out of sleep OR hibernation

Hi NeverStarts,

As mentioned in the post here, this is already reported to our RND and we are looking on resolving it as soon as possible.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Re: Freedome NEVER starts automatically when my Windows 7 computer comes out of sleep OR hibernation

I have reported this problem to F-Secure some weeks ago, but so far there is no solution. I find it rather disturbing that Freedome protection does not come on automatically when starting the pc from sleep mode (hibernation) and hope for a speedy remedy.

I am running Windows 10, fully uptodate, and my Freedome version is 1.2729.0 (latest?).

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi, 

We have a fixed version which includes a fix for this problem. It should be available as the next release coming in a couple of weeks. 

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thank you for your response, I appreciate that you are keeping us updated.

Which version has the fix?  I just updated to 1.2.2729.0 and the problem still happens - Freedome did not connect when my computer came out of Hibernation.

Aspirant

Seems that the problem with Freedome oversleeping (not waking up after sleep or hibernation) has been fixed in ver. 1.2.2729.0. My Freedome now comes on automatically, at least for the time being, every time I restart my browser (Firefox) from sleep.

Aspirant

Should have added that my pc runs on Windows 10 (latest updates) and that my comment may well not apply to Windows 7.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Neverstarts,

Can you confirm that Freedome is still not reconnecting after sleep even if you give it a minute or two with the latest version?

If so please open a support ticket so we can investigate further.

Best Regards

-Ben

Aspirant

Surprisingly also I found out today that Freedome did not restart automatically when waking my pc out of sleep. This may be a random occurrence, but should not happen at all for Freedome to be a reliable partner in security.

Seems there is still some need for basic finetuning the Freedome software. Hope this is done fast so we can put this problem behind us.

Aspirant

Same surprise also today: Freedome did not restart automatically after wakeup from sleep. Apparently this is no random occurence but a system related issue needing correction.