Freedome Interfering With Periscope App

Re: Freedome Interfering With Periscope App

My guess is that it would be on their side. Freedome only blocks malicious trackers. It is possible that periscope uses tracking software that is set as malicious according to F-secure's malware definitions. However, that is unlikely as apple would not have allowed it through to the app store. I'll do some testing when I get to iPad to see if I can replicate the issue and play around with it. I'll let you know what I find.

Hello, sorry for the delay I am busy and my iPad is old and unreliable. From what I can tell periscope was having issues with all my vpns. Tunnelbear, surfeasy, Cisco anyconnect, and even the VPN I have set up on my home router. This may be that my iPad is a bit broken and has trouble with everything, but it appears to be on periscopes side.
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you Tehfcae for looking into this more. From a Freedome tweet response, Persicope is sending binary non-HTTP traffic over port 80. This is what's causing any good VPN, proxy or firewall to choke. It sounds like F-Secure will work around this soon, but ultimately the root cause is a Periscope design issue. This is something that Periscope/Twitter should address rather than referring users to their VPN provider. The whole experience has made me trust Freedome even more :)