Freedome + Bittorrent client kills all network connections

securit
securit Posts: 3 New Member

As of today, if I start to download anything via a bittorrent client with Freedome active, it shuts down all network connections. 

Is is supposed to work like that now, or is this a bug in the version 2.18.5493.0? Only a computer reboot restores the connections. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi securit,

Please have a look at this article regarding BitTorrent and Freedome.

• securit

Yes, I've already read that article. Freedome kills the connections even if some other gateway is used, Sweden for example. I wonder if other users are experiencing this as well.

• [Deleted User]

Hi securit,

We don’t have Torrents blocked in Sweden. May be it is possible that the block has started from some other location originally than from Sweden. Please try the following:

- Make sure the network works OK
    - Start Freedome and connect to Sweden
    - Make sure the network works OK, and check from, for example https://iplocation.net/ that the connection is really to Sweden
    - Start the torrent

Please let us know if the connection is seen as from Sweden and if it gets blocked or not after the above steps.

• securit

Unfortunately the problem remains, I can reproduce this now on two separarate computers. Iplocation tells me I'm in Sweden, but all network connections die in only a few seconds after starting bittorrent.

• [Deleted User]

Hi securit,

Kindly get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here in order to troubleshoot this further. We might need the logs from the devices to check.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info