Freedome (1.73413.0) not starting on Win 10; no issues with the same version on Win 7

basil373
basil373 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi everbody,

My Freedome does not start on Win 10 (clicking on the taskbar icon brings up the program but there is no response whatsoever when I click on the big circle to start protection; separately, clicking on the desktop shortcut results in absolutely nothing).  Resinstalling brings everything back to normal (both the program and the shortcut work) but only temporarily: rebooting the PC results in a non-functioning program.  Interestingly enough, I have no issues with the same version of Freedome running on my other PC (Windows 7).

Could somebody offer some help on this matter please?  It's been a pain for about a fortnight.

I am pretty sure that a previous (to the current) version will fix things for me as a stopgap measure.  Would you kindly provide a link to the previous version?  Thank you.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi basil373,

Are you seeing this issue with Freedome after the version upgrade? Does changing the location help to connect with Freedome or do you see the same issue with all the locations?

• basil373

Hi Laksh,

The problem on Win 10 machine started after the upgrade to the current version of Freedome.  I confirm that protection does not start no matter what location is chosen.

The previous version worked fine.  Would it be possible to get a download link for it?  Thank you.

• Laksh

Hi basil373,

I forwarded your post to our Freedome product team. We are releasing a new version of Freedome 1.8 for Windows to all our users. It will be coming as a channel update soon but in the meantime, we would like to know if the problem you are facing reproduces in the new version also. Could you please try to download the version from https://freedome.f-secure.com/ and install it on top of the current version? Please let us know if the issue persists even after installing the new version.

• basil373
    Nope, the new version works initially but stops functioning after a reboot. My one year with Freedome expires in 10 days and I intend to move to better pastures--the software is too clunky. The uninstall, which keeps asking me to fill out a survey monkey questionnaire while it "uninstalls," is downright cheesy.
  • Laksh

Hi basil373,

Thanks for updating us. If possible, we would like to get the diagnostic report from your device so that it will help us to investigate the issue. If you would still like to troubleshoot, please get in touch with our support team via chat or call.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info