Freedom filtered protocols

Hello,

I'm interested into getting the Freedom VPN solution. However, I'd like to know if Freedom is protocol agnostic, in other words, do you only allow HTTP/HTTPS on port 80 and 443 or do you also allow any ports/protocols.

For instance, what about SSH, fancy web proxies tcp-ports, torrent, snmp etc... etc...

Are you just carrying "any" network traffic/protocol ?

Thanks,

Arno_

Comments

• Tehfcae
    Tehfcae Posts: 107 Contributor
    Arno,

This may depend on what device you are using.

I know iOS devices use IPsec protocols and everything else is OpenVPN.

I am unsure if they do any filtering but I hope that helps you better understand their VPN.
  • Arno_
    Arno_ Posts: 3

Hi Tehcfae,

Whether it's OpenVPN or IPSec, once a VPN is established, it will create a virtual interface through which any traffic can flow and get routed normally (appart from MTU issues that can happen).

My question is more to know, once the traffic gets out of the VPN tunnel on the Freedom/FSecure devices, whether or not they are filtering some ports/protocols. I've read for instance that torrent is blocked on some of their gateways, depending on the country.

But appart from that, is this a non-filtered service ? Will it let it flow any traffic, any protocol ?

The point is I'm not interested in a service allowing only web surfing. The internet is much more than HTTP/HTTPS.

Cheers,

Arno_

• Arno_
    Arno_ Posts: 3
    How come it is so hard for F-Secure to answer that question ?

Is your VPN service damned filtering protocols or not ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Arno_

Torrent traffic on given locations is pretty much the only filtering applied.

You can always try out Freedome for 14 days for free, to confirm that all the necessary port and protocols you are using are working fine.

• Zul_AS
    Zul_AS Posts: 1 Former F-Secure Employee

Seem Freedome didnt work or cant connect if the environment filtered by fortinet devices.

Would it possible any specific package or protocol used by Freedome is blocked?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Coud you confirm which type of fortinet device in is use.

Could you also confirm that the ports from this article are allowed on this environement? 

• Musicbee
    Musicbee Posts: 16 New Member

Are there any kind of limitations outside of these locations?

• Australia
    • France
    • Hong Kong
    • Japan
    • Netherlands
    • Singapore
    • United Kingdom
    • United States

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info