Freedom doesn't work on Windows 10 (because of driver error)

Scholar

Freedom doesn't work on Windows 10 (because of driver error)

Eversince the new update (1.6.3289.0), Freedom stopped working completely for me. This is the error message I get (Windows 10 64-bit with latest updates):

---------------------------

<b>Driver installation Error</b>
Driver installation requires a reboot. Please reboot your machine and
try again.
OK

I tried restarting, uninstalling F-Secure Freedom, reinstalling couple of times, but nothing works. I also stopped all parts of ESET Smart Security just to be certain, didn't help.

The software itself starts without any issues, but with protection off. When I try to turn it on in any way, it gives me aforementioned error.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Freedom doesn't work on Windows 10 (because of driver error)

Hi hipapheralkus,

I found an article related to your exact error message here. Please have a look.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi Laksh,

unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have fully updated Windows 10 64-bit (just checked for updates); and when I run the aforementioned command to see network connections as Admin, I only see my wifi and Ethernet. I don't see "FreedomeVPNConnection", nor anything similar. 

In the Device Manager, I do see "Freedom TAP driver" version 9.0.0.21 with "This device is working properly" status. I tried uninstalling all the TAP drivers (there was a dozen of them when I tried installing Freedom again and again), but even after installation of Freedom again, and 1 driver appearing, it doesn't work.

In the Device Manager, I can see one other Network driver: "Unknown Device", which is clearly Freedom as well. However, even when I try automatically updating the driver, it takes few minutes to finish, but without any success. It still seems like "Unknown Device". Can I upload/send Event log for this driver? Maybe it will tell you more... ".evtx" file.

Please advise

Community Manager

Hi hipapheralkus,

Thanks for your update. I would recommend to contact our Support team via the Support request with the Freedome logs.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.