Freedom doesn't work on Windows 10 (because of driver error)

hipapheralkus
hipapheralkus Posts: 2 New Member

Eversince the new update (1.6.3289.0), Freedom stopped working completely for me. This is the error message I get (Windows 10 64-bit with latest updates):

---------------------------

<b>Driver installation Error</b>
Driver installation requires a reboot. Please reboot your machine and
try again.
OK

I tried restarting, uninstalling F-Secure Freedom, reinstalling couple of times, but nothing works. I also stopped all parts of ESET Smart Security just to be certain, didn't help.

The software itself starts without any issues, but with protection off. When I try to turn it on in any way, it gives me aforementioned error.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi hipapheralkus,

I found an article related to your exact error message here. Please have a look.

• hipapheralkus
    hipapheralkus Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Laksh,

unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have fully updated Windows 10 64-bit (just checked for updates); and when I run the aforementioned command to see network connections as Admin, I only see my wifi and Ethernet. I don't see "FreedomeVPNConnection", nor anything similar. 

In the Device Manager, I do see "Freedom TAP driver" version 9.0.0.21 with "This device is working properly" status. I tried uninstalling all the TAP drivers (there was a dozen of them when I tried installing Freedom again and again), but even after installation of Freedom again, and 1 driver appearing, it doesn't work.

In the Device Manager, I can see one other Network driver: "Unknown Device", which is clearly Freedom as well. However, even when I try automatically updating the driver, it takes few minutes to finish, but without any success. It still seems like "Unknown Device". Can I upload/send Event log for this driver? Maybe it will tell you more... ".evtx" file.

Please advise

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi hipapheralkus,

Thanks for your update. I would recommend to contact our Support team via the Support request with the Freedome logs.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info