Freedom VPN Disabled When Screen is Unlocked

mblatz01
mblatz01 Posts: 2 New Member

I would prefere to have Freedome on all the time, but when my screen is locked, either through time out or manually hitting the lock button, then when it is unlocked for use, Freedome  VPN is disabled (i.e. set to "off") automatically.  This happens oven after I have cleared the system cache.  Any thoughts...?

Notes:

1)  My phone is not a Huwei Honor (yes, I searched for help before posting); it is a Moto X (2nd gen ?)

2)  My O/S is Android 5.1, patch level 2016-04-01

3)  To best of my knowledge, my phone does not have an app-by-app setting for saving power/battery; also, my global battery saver setting is 'Off'

Comments

• Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    Settings of phone, in this case Moto x, could be the right way to find out, what is causing this.
    Perhaps someone, who has Moto x, is able to inform us about features of this model.

Näsäviisas
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mblatz01,

We would need the logs from the device to investigate this. Please get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here to troubleshoot further.

• mblatz01
    mblatz01 Posts: 2 New Member

"Please get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here to troubleshoot further."

This is advice is rather difficult to follow, since no one ever answers that phone number (supposedly "closed for the day") and chat service is perpetually telling me that "Chat is currently unavailable."

Do you have any other sage advice?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mblatz01,

Just doing a followup, were you able to get in touch with our support team?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info