Fredome not working after upgrade

cliffc
cliffc Posts: 8 Observer

Hi

I have upgraded to the latest version of the program and now it wont run, I got the message about installing the new driver this i have done, and i rebooted now it wont run, the service is not starting either and i have attempted to start the service manualy but it wont, I am under windows 7

Plesae help

Cliff C

Comments

• cliffc
    Further information I have also attempted to roll back windows to before the install and remove the previous version then do a new install of version 1.2.2729.0 after the restart the program asks for there is no freedome Icon in the task bar, if I attempt to restart the service manually, I get the error message that the service has started then stopped again. Please help this is the 2nd time I have this issue after an upgrade, last time I had to have a new code issues

Regards
    Cliff Cook
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Cliff,

'

Please open a support ticket in order to further investigate on this issue by our support team.

• cliffc

Hi

I have already done this and i have just sent back the log files requested by the support team

Regards

• stitmoe
    stitmoe Posts: 2 New Member

Hi

I have also upgraded to the latest verson of the program, the program is starting but  will not start the protection. i have tried the solution that is posted on your webside "Freedome for Windows requests for reboot or
    fails to connect with an error message" but that solution doesn`t work for me.

My pc is running Windows 10 and the program worked just fine until the latest update of the program.

Hope you can help me to find a solution fast.

Stig Tore

• stitmoe
    stitmoe Posts: 2 New Member

Hi cliffc!

Have your problems with this program been fixed?

• cliffc

Hi

I opened a support ticket as suggested and eventualy i was told to check a reg entry, allthough i was not officaly told, becaue i have some IT knowlage, i work in support, so i chainged the reg entry to what support told be it should be,re booted and this allowed Fsecure to work again,

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info