First Time Purchase -- Problem Activating Freedome

Silkywayy
Silkywayy Posts: 8 New Member

Hello,

The other day my wife on her laptop purchased the F-Secure TOTAL package for my account.  I believe she was able to make the purchase before the trial period expired.

Under the SAFE tab of My F-Secure page (on my laptop), there is an indication  my purchase is valid until 2019 with ONE license left.

During the trial period I had downloaded the TOTAL package on my laptop and Android.

F-Secure  (Safe AND Freedome) has been active on my laptop, but it doesn't appeared I activated F-Secure on my Android during the trial period, although I thought I had activated it.  (I also posted in the Safe forum asking how to verify which devices are active).

Under the FREEDOME tab of my account (on my laptop), it, too, indicates my subscription is good until 2019.  HOWEVER, the Freedome information does not show any devices available.

In my Freedome tab I am asked to install Freedome Now.

In my Freedome shortcut on my laptop it shows Freedome is On and Protecting and in the Subscritption box it shows I have four days left of subscritption.  When I log in, a message appears "No licenses available".  I tried logging in on my mobile, too, and I was able to get to the place where it shows device names.  All three are PC related: Mein PC (possibly my wife's PC, but my PC is from Germany too); My Pc and; My PC 2.

I'm sure, from all my activity I accidently assigned all three licenses to my PC.

How do I verify which license is actually associated with MY laptop IP address so that I can use one or both remaining licenses for my Android, etc.?

Thank you.

Comments

• Silkywayy

Hello,

The other day my wife on her laptop purchased the F-Secure TOTAL package for my account.

Under the Safe tab of My F-Secure page, my recent purchase  shows my purchase is valid until 2019 with one license left.  During the trial period I had downloaded the TOTAL package on my laptop and Android.  F-Secure has been active on my laptop, but it doesn't appeared I activated it (though I thought I did) on my mobile.

How do I view which devices have been added to F-Secure Safe? 

Thanks.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

purchased the F-Secure TOTAL package for my account.
    Under the Safe tab of My F-Secure page, my recent purchase  shows my purchase is valid until 2019 with one license left.  During the trial period I had downloaded the TOTAL package on my laptop and Android.  F-Secure has been active on my laptop, but it doesn't appeared I activated it (though I thought I did) on my mobile.
    How do I view which devices have been added to F-Secure Safe? 

There should be next view:

--> your My F-Secure account (mail-address/password) with valid subscription (F-Secure TOTAL);

--> when you log-in to My F-Secure portal ( https://my.f-secure.com/login ) with your account (where F-Secure TOTAL subscription is available):

->> should be listed all 'activated' installations (per device) for SAFE tab.

->> Freedome only with generic "Install"-button.

So, should be visible 'installations' (circle -> device) which used licence. With your experience should be two in use (if one licence left and package about three devices, for example).

Possible to login to My F-Secure portal and check situation - remove/deactivate unused devices, for example.

Also, when you will trigger fresh installation (but all licences in use) -> will be prompt about re-use (reset) licences for all devices (or re-place licence from certain device to current). It will allow fresh installation and re-activate all valid devices later (with first use) until limit is reached.

With Android-device -> maybe required to login/activate installation with installed application (not only to install).

With Freedome is not possible to see count of devices -> but when limits are reached -> should be prompt for transfer it:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/What-happens-when-Freedome-asks/ta-p/78984

If F-Secure TOTAL about three devices -> should be possible to install three F-Secure SAFE applications and three F-Secure FREEDOME applications. Then possible to transfer licences from unused device (or replaced) when required.

Does it partly about valid concern? Or do you able to explain more about potential stuck?

Thanks!

• Silkywayy

Hello,

It's confusing...but:

My F-Secure SAFE page shows at the BOTTOM of the page:

1) my ANDROID model number and, 2) my computer "PC".  Both are in GREEN.  When I click on each, a message indicates each device is PROTECTED.

I do NOT find this:

Possible to login to My F-Secure portal and check situation - remove/deactivate unused devices, for example.

The rest of your instructions are confusing.  I don't know where to begin.

Today, I clicked again on Freedome Download thinking it would tell me to reassign a device which I tried BUT the program could NOT make any reassignment.  (The thinking circle just went around for 10 minutes).  A second time Freedome started to download so I CANCELLED the download as I already have Freedome on my laptop.

I checked the LINK you provided "What happens when Freedome asks for a license transfer" which states "Uninstalling Freedome does not release a license from the device..."

I am afraid to do anything at this point.

I tried Live Chat two times but it says UNAVAILABLE.  Why?  One time, upon installing the program, I contacted Live Chat and asked where they are located and they said South East Asia.  If this is true, F-Secure should make a point to provide Live Chat hours based from SE Asia.  Right?

I cannot afford to call to a local number from overseasWhat other options are there.

If there is no chance in PERMANENTLY blocking my access to Freedome by deleting the program reinstalling, reassigning/transferring devices -- confusing -- then what do you suggest?

What is my very FIRST step for my PC and my Android to get FREEDOME to work???

By the way, are you a user or F-Secure employee?

Thanks for your help.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Silkywayy,

In addition to Ukko's detailed comment, you can refer to this article which explains about how the TOTAL licensing works. You can also check this article which explains how to take Freedome into use if you have a TOTAL subscription.

• Silkywayy

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the information and help.

For my MOBILE/ANDROID, the other day I was able to transfer a license and now Freedome is actively protecting my mobile activity.

For my LAPTOP, I tried again today to transfer a license, etc., but again, the program just "hangs".   I could not get past the Transfer Window.  On a second try (and all the subsequents attempts), I got an "Invalid" message.  It was one line but so small I could barely read "Invalid".  I decided to uninstall Freedome and did a fresh reinstall.  Now Freedome is actively protecting my laptop.

Upon Uninstall, I was prompted to supply comments and feedbackt to F-Secure which I did. 

Thanks again for your help.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Silkywayy,

Thanks for letting us know with the update on how things worked.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info