F-secure blocks wifi

Van1234
Van1234 Posts: 1 New Member

I have F-secure total on two devices, a HP laptop with windows 10 and an iPhone 6s. Whenever I try enabling either the VPN Freedome or F-Secure however, I am disconnected from the WiFi. 

It worked fine for a few days, until suddenly it removed my connection from the WiFi upon activation. 

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Van1234 ,

Please try the following steps to see if that solve the issue. 

-Uninstall the Freedome and restart your device then re-install again.

-Restart your Wifi router.

-Turn Freedome ON to see if its still blocking the internet.

If issue remain, please try connect your iPhone with different network i.e mobile network 4G and check again.

May I know in which country you are living now?

• Annepal
    Annepal Posts: 2 New Member

Hi there,

I'm writing on behalf of Van1234 who cannot access your website for the time being. He is in China and has asked me to post this:

VPN doesn't work with wifi at all. He has tried to access another wifi network to check, and as soon as he activates the VPN, he looses the connection to the wifi network.

The VPN does not work on mobile network either (e.g. 4G).

Best regards

• Sethu

Hello @Annepal

Please refer this KB article to know more about Freedome not working in China.

• Annepal
    Annepal Posts: 2 New Member

Strangely enough it worked to begin with, but okay ... if you say that it is not going to work in China, then it is not going to work in China. 

So what to do? How should he proceed to get reimbursed?

Best regards

• Sethu

Hello @Annepal 

We are happy to offer a 30-day money back guarantee for all purchases made through F-Secure website or Google Playstore. For that, please contact our F-Secure Support team to request a refund for purchases.

For App Store Purchases, Apple doesn’t allow us (or any developers) to process refunds for payments made through their store. If you’ve made the purchase via the App Store, please contact Apple Support directly with your refund request.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info